Our fresh, colourful, and nutrient-dense take on vegetable rolls!
60 minute cook time | Serves 4 | Suitable for: Lunch, Dinner
A healthy mix of vegetables and protein, our rainbow rolls are the perfect lunch or dinner meal to give you all your required veggies for the day. Remove the protein for a vegan option or swap for tofu, any seafood or chicken.
This is perfect with peanut sauce! Just mix these ingredients together:
Top tips: As you are preparing them, place the finished rolls on an oiled plate and cover with a damp towel until you are ready to serve them. This will prevent them from sticking together.
Get your prep on! For quick and seamless cooking, always read through the recipe first and understand every step. Wash, cut, measure and weigh all your ingredients before you begin cooking. Then place all the ingredients on a single tray. Never measure as you go.
1. Heat a pan on medium high heat and saute the onions and garlic until fragrant.
2. Add the ubod, season with pepper, and saute for a minute. Add the water and liquid aminos or soy sauce, and allow to simmer until almost dry.
3. Add the chopped shrimp and mix with the vegetables until just cooked.
4. Remove the mixture from heat and allow to cool completely before using it for the filling.
5. Prepare your rolling station, with a chopping board and all your fillings and garnishes. Have a plate with some water in front of you.
6. Start rolling! Get one sheet of rice paper, wet one side on the plate with water. Place it on your chopping board with the wet side up.
Design your roll by placing colors and garnishes that you want to be seen down first on the wrapper, and then add your ubod filling.
Make sure to get some shrimp in there!
7. To wrap, fold the sides towards the middle, and roll it wrapper with the filling upwards. Place on your oiled plate covered with a damp towel.
8. Repeat with the rest of your ingredients. Be creative and try different colors and patterns!
9. Serve with a nice dipping sauce like our peanut sauce or your homemade fruit vinegar.