Get your prep on! For quick and seamless cooking, always read through the recipe first and understand every step. Wash, cut, measure and weigh all your ingredients before you begin cooking. Then place all the ingredients on a single tray. Never measure as you go.
- Over medium heat, add vegetable oil in a medium skillet. Oil should be shimmering.
- Add shimeji mushrooms and saute, tossing occasionally, until soft and cooked through. This should take about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Whisk sesame oil, vinegar, coconut aminos, peanut butter, lime juice, honey and ginger. Transfer to your serving bowl.
- Cook soba noodles in a pot of boiling salted water until tender; transfer to a bowl of ice water (this will stop the cooking).
- Swish noodles around, then drain. Keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Tip: drizzle and toss with a little sesame oil to prevent from sticking.
- Add noodles to your serving bowl and top with cherry tomato, cucumber, arugula, mushrooms and toasted sesame.
- Drizzle with peanut sesame dressing and toss.
- Top with chilis or green onions as preferred.
- To zhush up your soba noodles, add thinly sliced baby radish or top with shredded poached chicken breast.